...there's always a meme. Bluepoppy posted this one today, and said that the first seven people to read it should follow her lead and do it too. Or something like that. I considered sneaking away and pretending I hadn't seen it, but upon further reflection, decided it was the perfect solution for me at this time. I've got a couple of fairly serious posts floating around in my head, to go with the serious turn my life has taken lately. At the same time, said seriousness is wearing me out, and I just haven't had the energy or the brain power to spare lately. So, without further ado, I bring you seven facts you probably don't know about me:
1. I had red hair as a baby. Then it went to white blonde, and it has been getting slowly darker ever since. Every once in a while I consider dyeing it red again, because I think red hair looks cool. I think I might make a nice strawberry blonde.
2. Sometimes, when I'm feeling particularly unoptimistic about my infertility, I make lists in my head of expensive trips we can take and ridiculous stuff we'll be able to buy if we never have kids. It doesn't really help all that much, because I know I'd enjoy a kid more than a Porsche.
3. I once met Roy Rogers and Trigger at the opening of a Roy Rogers restaurant. Or so my mom claims. I don't remember it at all. I do remember always loading up on pickles at the fixin's bar, the high chairs that looked like horses, and the "holsters" of fries. Good ol' Roy Rogers.
4. I think baby elephants are adorable. I'd like to meet one someday.
5. For a child who was pretty imaginative, I was also fairly uncreative at times. Sure, I was convinced I saw one of Santa's elves at the foot of my bed, and wrote my first "Nancy Drew" novel in 4th grade. I also named my stuffed animals Teddy (teddy bear) Dog (stuffed dog) and my fluffy white hamster, Snowy. There was a fluffy white cat in my neighborhood named Snowy, so I thought it fit the hamster too. If that cat had been named Pistachio, I bet that's what I would have named my hamster!
6. My favorite color is blue. No, green. No, blue. And maybe I like Monty Python too.
7. My lucky number is 11. I could give you all sorts of reasons why I like the number 11, but I prefer to leave it a mystery. Lucky and mysterious - that makes 11 even better.
If you're looking for something to write about, please consider yourself tagged. Just leave a comment so I know to go read your facts. For the lazy or otherwise inspired among you, just give me one little-known fact about yourself in the comments section. It'll be fun!